Wednesday, August 7, 2013

memory lane




 I am feeling kind of really happy lately.  I just realized that I am super lucky to have the hubs in my life.  He makes me laugh, like REALLY laugh until the moment I pee my pants and have to run to the bathroom kind of laughing.  One time I was hanging in a tree and my brother tickled my feet, so I peed on him.  I really don't have control when I start laughing, he knew better PLUS I warned him.  Anyways.  I was looking through old pictures and I am so glad I made him take so many pictures, because it will be fun to have our kids look through them one day, even though like 99 percent of them are super awkward.  Its probably fine.

Also all of these pictures were when we were dating, and didn't know we would be getting married, or have kids.  Isn't that weird? Like hi self you didn't know that you were going to marry this guy or have Char baby.  Crazy.

I was talking to my mom today and came to the realization that quality is wayy better than quantity in friends, and I just need to be thankful for the great friends I have, and not worry so much, people drift away, come back, re-appear, and that is okay.  I think having Charlotte really changed the way I think of friendships.  Sometimes people don't understand that I can't just pick up and do something spur of the moment anymore, does it suck? Yes. Is it hard? Very. But until those friends have kids they won't realize how hard it is for me to say no, or to not be hurt by some of the stuff that they do without me.  I think at the end of the day I have some pretty great people in my life and I wouldn't change that for the world.









1 comment:

  1. You are totally right! Husbands are the best. Love your walk through memory lane- those are sometime the best memories them selves! Darling pics:)

    ReplyDelete