Monday, March 17, 2014

18 week update


18 weeks today! It is so weird to me how fast this pregnancy is going by.  I have gained 6 lbs so far, which is not bad compared to with C.  I am hoping not to gain as much but lately I have been craving fries and diet coke...sooo just have to slow down on those and hopefully I will be good! I think I am still carrying this baby the same as with C, but I don't know, I can't wait to find out what the gender is!! We find out next week, we are both dying to know what this little peanut is! We kind of know what we will name it if it is a boy, but we have like 5 options for a girl.  Char says to me all the time that she is having a baby GIRL not a boy.  So hopefully if it is a boy C can still be okay with it! Me and the hubs both think it is a girl though...so we will see if we are right!

Over the weekend we went down to OH and stayed with one of the hubs best friends parents for one of the hubs really good friends from college funeral.  It was a good weekend, and the funeral was really really well put together.  The music and the speech about the hubs friend was just perfect, and really helped everyone celebrate her life, rather then feel too sad about her passing.  She was a really wonderful person, really one of the best people I had ever met.  It makes me want to be a better person because of her.  I think the hubs really got the closure he needed, and he got to see most of his best friends from college and that made him so happy.  The weather in OH was 60s and sunny and there was no snow so it was a really nice change from 20 degrees and 2 feet of ice/snow everywhere. 

I planned a mom/daughter trip for me and C when school gets out, we are going to AZ and CA and I am excited to spend some one on one time with my little lady for 8 days.  It will also be nice to get out of this weather and be in warmth and be at the beach for a while.  I am really trying to spend as much mother/daughter time with her as possible before this new baby comes.  I won't really ever have this time again and I feel like I need to really take advantage of it.  

Today is St. Patricks day and I totally spaced and forgot and didn't wear any green...oops! Blaming it on pregnancy brain.

No comments:

Post a Comment